- FKM/Viton® rubber cord belongs to fluoroelastomer category of elastomers.
- This rubber cord offers excellent resistance to a wide variety of corrosive fluids at elevated temperature without major degradation.
- FKM/Viton® rubber cords have excellent resistance to ozone, oxygen, have good mechanical properties and low compression set.
- Viton® rubber cord is not suitable for contact with molecular weights ketones and estens (e.g methyl ethyl ketone).
- Due to its specialist properties FKM/Viton® is much more expensive as compared to other elastomers.
- The terms FPM, FKM and Viton® very often cause confusion and lead to incorrect interpretations.
- All of these designations actually stand for one single base material:fluoro rubber.
|Sell by the metre||Yes|
|Cross Section Type||Circular|
|Hardness (Shore A)||75|
|Maximum Temperature (°C)||200.00|
|Minimum Temperature (°C)||-30.00|
|Elongation at break (%)||180.00|
|Tensile Strength (MPa)||7.50|
|Compression Set (%)||30.00|